Okay, before you think that I’ve gone off of the deep end for advocating laxatives to lose weight, here me out…
I am a very level headed person, and I would never do anything to jeopardize my health or the health of any anyone reading this post. So, when I first heard of the idea of using laxatives to lose weight, I completely scoffed at the idea as stupid, dangerous and inconvenient.
I mean, really? Who wants to have to sprint to the toilet every 30 minutes? Not me.
However, I buried my head into some health journals for a few days, and did some research at some very reputable medical websites. By the time I was done, I had completely changed my mind about using laxatives to lose weight. Now, I believe that by taking certain precautions, and using the CORRECT kind of laxatives, and at the right time… laxatives can aid you in achieving your weight loss goals in several ways.
Here is my summarized argument for “approving” laxatives to lose weight.
- Most modern diets are woefully void of any fiber at all, unless you count sesame sees on your Big Mac (no they don’t count). This is bad for many reasons that I won’t get into here, as this isn’t a post about the importance of fiber. Let’s just assume that all the nutritionists in the the world are right, and fiber really is important to your health.
- Many people have only 1 bowel movement per day, or LESS than once per day. This is very dangerous as it can create a dangerous environment in your colon that can lead to toxins leaching back into your bloodstream and overtaxing the organs that filter those toxins out of your bloodstream. This can lead to numerous conditions, diseases and even cancer.
- Most people will NOT change their eating habits to incorporate fiber into their diet, as they are addicted to food and resistant to change. The easiest option is to add something to the diet that will take the place of dietary fiber. The only other alternative is to stay unhealthy and continue to let your intestinal health degrade.
So, with that being said, using laxatives to lose weight is not only safe, but actually healthy if done properly. We talk about colon health a bit and it’s role in weight loss in the Lose 10 Pounds In 3 Days Report, but what I’m addressing here is LONG TERM safety.
The 1st key of using laxatives to lose weight safely is to take the correct type of laxative.
I consider the correct type of laxative to be one that contains natural fiber, such as flax seed husks, psylium husks or some other type of insoluble fiber. If you can stomach it, prune juice is a natural laxative that also contains tons of antioxidants and other vitamins. A natural, herbal laxative tea is also good to “keep things moving”, but is best used before bed because it takes a while to work (overnight). All of these things combined will not only help you lose weight extremely fast, but also keep you and your colon healthy.
The 2nd key to using laxatives to lose weight safely is to remember what laxatives do to the body.
Taking soluble fiber is extremely good for you, but too much of it will dehydrate you if you aren’t careful. Soluble fiber ABSORBS water from the body to soften stool, and it will take it from the stomach, intestines or any other body tissue without regard for your safety. To counter this, you have to drink more water than you are probably used to. With every fiber supplement you take, drink at least a 12 to 16 ounce glass of water. It probably wouldn’t hurt to drink a little more between supplements too. Do NOT disregard this advice about water… otherwise, you will be risking your life.
Even if you survive, you don’t want to end up in a hospital bed with a IV in your arm getting pumped full of saline to rehydrate you, while explaining to the doctor that you have to poop really bad because you just took a laxative to lose weight. Don’t be stupid… drink PLENTY of water.
The 3rd key to taking laxatives to lose weight is timing the laxatives properly. This would be a example of proper timing:
- Morning: Natural fiber laxative to make you go quickly, such as prune juice or some other “go right now now” laxative… along with LOTS of water.
- Midday: Natural fiber laxative help keep bowel movements steady, such as a laxative that contains flax seed or psylium husks. This will add “bulk” to your waste and will bond with fat, toxins and other carcinogens in your colon and help speed things along nicely… along with LOTS of water.
- After work: More natural fiber laxatives that contain flax seed or psylium husks… and LOTS of water.
- Before bed: A tasty herbal laxative tea, such Smooth Move (found in your local grocery store) to help keep things nice and healthy even when you sleep (no you won’t have to go in the middle of the night).
You can add more fiber if you want, but be sure to add more WATER too if you do. With the schedule listed above, you should have a bowel movement anywhere from 2 to 3 times per day. You will also start to see some weight loss between a week. If you started out with the Lose 3 Pounds In 10 Days Plan, you will probably see weight loss even sooner.
If you combine the above regimen with some of the other weight loss advice on this blog, you will likely see a dramatic and sudden drop in weight and body shape in a very short period of time.